Monday, July 16, 2012

Cameron Turns 22!!

Cameron is finally 22!! As some of you know, I love celebrating birthdays... like more than anything. I actually extend birthdays to last an entire week and Cameron's was no exception.

We started celebrating last Wednesday with a birthday cake I made for him. It was my first multi layer cake and I have to say it was pretty fantastic. I saw the recipe on Pinterest and oh.my.god. It's a butter cake with banana pudding poured over the two layers with whipped cream frosting. It turned out fantastic even though I got the wrong instant pudding (you are supposed to use the kind you have to cook). Since I have never claimed to be domestic or able to cook, I called it a win.


Then we headed off to Denver for Cameron's 5k, Race for Your Lives (http://runforyourlives.com/). I refused to run because it has people dressed up as zombies chasing you, trying to capture the three flags around your waste. The flags represent "life points" and you either cross the finish line as "alive" or "dead" depending on if you have flags left or not.

This is the gate at the start line and this guy
 got all the racers pumped up before the run! Scary!

Cameron and Richard were team America (obviously) and everyone loved the costumes at the race, they were a hit. I dressed up in an American flag bikini to show my support and cowboy boots. We all looked a little ridiculous. There were obstacles including an enormous slip n'slide, electrified fences, rooms with mazes and smoke, and of course, tons of zombies.  I stood on the sidelines and had some beers at the "Apocalypse Concert" which was a huge party at the finish line. All the volunteers had shirts that said, "Ask me, I dont bite" and the zombies were all dressed up with makeup that was awesome. It was a blast because we were with a really good group of people and the race was more of a party than anything else, needless to say... we all survived.
Team America
All survivors!!!
Sideline drinkers... way more fun ;)


I got Cam a watch for his birthday that he wont stop talking about so I think he liked it. I also got his dads watch fixed and cleaned so that Cameron could wear it again, he was so surprised and grateful. Dre would have totally cried at his reaction. I also got him a "road trip kit" which contained burned CD's (Dre, I knew you would enjoy that) and a bunch of snacks and Redbull. 

The whole weekend was filled with too much drinking and way too much fun... the group we were with was such a good mix and everyone spent the whole time laughing at each other. It was so good to see Alyse again and Brett came as well who I haven't scene since we graduated. It was a fantastic weekend and I am so happy I am no longer 24 dating a 21 year old... here is to only 2 years difference again! 

2 comments:

  1. OMG I could eat an entire one of those cakes right now- butter and bananas are two of my favorite things! The race looks so freaking scary but I'm glad Cam survived (Cait, Bri and Lace- we have a plan for these sorts of situations and I don't see a Costco in any of your pictures- drill fail.)
    It looks like you guys had such a good time! And I alsmost want to cry just imagining Cam's reaction so good job on the presents! I am of course talking about the mix cd's :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute pics! Hope he had a great birthday yesterday!

    ReplyDelete